Frequently asked questions regarding flange applicator and wax-base solid lubricant are listed.
Please use as reference when reviewing products.
- What are the characteristics of wax-base solid lubricant?
- The method of applying lubricant to wheel flange surface had difficulties in that the oil dripped down to the rail, which made the wheel slip, and the oil discharge of extreme-pressure load could not prevent wear from galling. The film of wax-base solid lubricant having molybdenum disulfide as its primary component formed on the wheel flange surface is retained against extreme-pressure load and exhibits extremely high wear resistance. (Refer to the data from the shell type four ball load carrying capacity test.)
- Which will be more common in the future, lubricant film or wax-base solid lubricant film?
- In future, the environmental problem will be under further scrutiny.
From the perspective of preventing global environmental pollution, we think the use of wax-base solid lubricant having molybdenum, which does not pose a problem of environmental pollution, as its primary component will become popular. In particular, as in the response to the question, “What are the characteristics of wax-base solid lubricant?” its effect is tremendous in areas subject to extreme-pressure load, and the product has been in use in many factories for over 40 years.
- What are some of the product types of wax-base solid lubricant?
- There are total of 4 types: Bordon wax small/large dedicated to use by the flange applicator; and, Super Wax small and large. There is also the Semicircular Column Wax, which is designed to prevent wear on wire rope for safety nets, as well as Handy Wax, which comes in a size that the workers can store in their pockets for hand coating.
- What is the service life of a single wax-base solid lubricant used for flange applicator?
- It depends on the condition of use, but the effect lasts for about 4 months or longer once the wax-base solid lubricant is set.
This is the same principle as coloring paper with a crayon, wherein an additional layer does not form on top because the substance slips.
If using for the first time, the wax consumption will be quick until a film is formed on the flange surface and rail side surface.
- How do I select a flange applicator?
- The selection is made based on the inner dimension (width of trail surface) of the lane wheel flange. Standard dimensions are listed on the page for each product. Further, the rail size (kg/m) is just for reference, please think of it as a supplement to selection standard.
- What is the service life of a wheel flange component?
- It depends on the condition of use, but the service life of a wheel flange component will be extended by 3-4 times.
- Is it safe in terms of the environment?
- The primary components of wax-base solid lubricant are molybdenum disulfide and paraffin, which are not components with a burden on the environment. (If SDS is required, please let us know.)
Further, wax-base solid lubricant does not permeate like oil to contaminate the area around the crane and is very environmentally friendly.
- What are the effects on the human body?
- Molybdenum disulfide is basically harmless, but it does blacken your hands if it gets on them. (If SDS is required, please let us know.)